Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: On Imperial armies and original fluff

From: dardman <dardman_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 07:54:56 -0400

It seems everyone is making good points. But I tend to agree with Luca where
inovative ideas don't stagnate. We have looked at the Dark Ages-- and blame
religon or Heresey era and blame some catstrophe. Look at the past 100 years
and the airplane. We started with something that could barely fly and
improved upon it quickly. This lead to jet propulsion to rocket science and
space travel. If you have ever seen a Stealth Bomber/fighter you can
understand the technological leaps of the airplane in just 1 century. Not to
mention all the other spin-off inventions/technology that have come from
this. The China example has its point but one has to remember there lack of
growth technologically was due their isolationist policiies. When they
opened their doors they started catching up fast, are still behind but a lot
closer than when their doors were closed. Luca is correct.

But On the other hand I also agree with Lorenzo. It is just fluff and who
cares, we like game and the corny story-line.
My 2 cents,
Darius

NetZero - Defenders of the Free World