Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: On Imperial armies and original fluff

From: hellreich <hellreich_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 09:15:07 -0400

No No NO , I was just thinking who cares how or why, they are stuck in time.
We all know that the Prist of the AM will not let others have or invent
stuff, only they can play with new found weapons. Sort of like the Cathlic
Church, forces you to argee that any children will be brought up Cathlic. In
away triing to force out other Churches by breeding, something the English
tryed many moons ago. But we all know mankind hates to be bullied or forced
to live a slave to any one. So as time goes yes people will break away from
the Empourer and make there own worlds with there own tech break throughs,
thus we have Knight worlds, living to far away fro the Emp to control and
living as they see fit but still beleave in him so they support some of his
ideas. In a since like Methodist, Prodistans, and other churches, they all
belive in one all being, just in different ways. Now in the prime of the
Cathlic's all others were heritics and if you didn't belive as they seen
fit, get out the matches and put him on the stake, cook till well done. Same
goes at this long period of the Empire, if you invented a new weapon, to the
AM it would seem that Chaos was in your mind and you would be pruged!! So my
point is who cares if the are locked with little or no advances, there is
fluff that backs up why the are like this. We could alwasy make up fluff,
like we did for some of the Slann/Necron army, and make a whole new world
just found on, lets say the other side of the Chaos gate, were humans were
long forgot about. They were forced to fend for they selves for 11,000
years. And have come up with great High Tech weapons. There simple and you'd
have the ablity to make up new weapons, high Tech skimmers and the such. By
the way I have some, and so do my freinds models of IG and SM on jet bikes,
If I remember right in the 1st ED. the humans were just as High Tech as the
Eldar with equipment, just not the Pyhskers. What ever happened to these
units?? When and why were they taken away??