Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: On Imperial armies and original fluff

From: Thomas Wildman <tnrw00_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 08:48:43 -0500

> No No NO , I was just thinking who cares how or why, they are stuck in
time.
> We all know that the Prist of the AM will not let others have or invent
> stuff, only they can play with new found weapons. Sort of like the Cathlic
> Church, forces you to argee that any children will be brought up Cathlic.
In
> away triing to force out other Churches by breeding, something the English
> tryed many moons ago. But we all know mankind hates to be bullied or
forced
> to live a slave to any one. So as time goes yes people will break away
from
> the Empourer and make there own worlds with there own tech break throughs,
> thus we have Knight worlds, living to far away fro the Emp to control and
> living as they see fit but still beleave in him so they support some of
his
> ideas. In a since like Methodist, Prodistans, and other churches, they all
> belive in one all being, just in different ways. Now in the prime of the
> Cathlic's all others were heritics and if you didn't belive as they seen
> fit, get out the matches and put him on the stake, cook till well done.
Same
> goes at this long period of the Empire, if you invented a new weapon, to
the
> AM it would seem that Chaos was in your mind and you would be pruged!! So
my
> point is who cares if the are locked with little or no advances, there is
> fluff that backs up why the are like this. We could alwasy make up fluff,
> like we did for some of the Slann/Necron army, and make a whole new world
> just found on, lets say the other side of the Chaos gate, were humans were
> long forgot about. They were forced to fend for they selves for 11,000
> years. And have come up with great High Tech weapons. There simple and
you'd
> have the ablity to make up new weapons, high Tech skimmers and the such.
By
> the way I have some, and so do my freinds models of IG and SM on jet
bikes,
> If I remember right in the 1st ED. the humans were just as High Tech as
the
> Eldar with equipment, just not the Pyhskers. What ever happened to these
> units?? When and why were they taken away??

Sadly, I think you and I feel largely the same about this subject. Most of
my arguments were devoted to Luca's points. Luca stayed focussed on his
objective, and I was forced to respond in kind. Then some other people(I
forget who argued what now) popped in and I started sniping at anyone who
had even slightly different points from mine. I have to admit I'm a bit of
a squat when it comes to arguments, and some of this may have to get put
into my book of grudges, but I'm sorry that I did get a little out of hand
in some of my comments.
By the way, I'm still having problems reading some of the zip files. The
Slann list does not appear on my winzip screen. Any suggestions?

Tom