brief report on 12000 pts battle

From: Carsten Schuett <bonesucker69_at_...>
Date: Wed May 31 10:53:01 2000

hi!

sm vs orks

the battle is fought and i'm going to start my own ork army.

it was so funny....
i've won in the first round.
i achieved 91 vic.pts and rokked those filthy oomiez.
thanks again for any advice (especially kelvin)

i fielded a goff-clan (with extra nobz and boyz)
all transported by skullhammers and battlewagons and backed up
by a dragsta and a stompa mob
(special card ghazkull thraka)

a bad moon-clan (extra nobz and boyz)
supported by a wierdboy battletower a dragsta and a stompa mob
(special card gargant big mob)

evil sunz-clan (extra nobz and battlewagons)
fighta-bommaz
shock attack gunz
(special card mekboy gargant)

kult of speed (3*extra nob warbikez)
2*wartracks
(special card renegade mekboyz)
-- the coolest mob ever

*2
mega gargant
nobz
pulsa rokkitz
skullhammer
battlewagons
bonebreaker
(special card freebooterz)

sm fielded
warlord battle battle group

2 devastator comps.
1 tactical comp.
1 land raider comp.

1 machanized support comp.
(supported by hellhounds)

1 leman russ comp.
(supported by ?)

1 baneblade comp.
(supported by 9 thunderbolts(?))

2 artillery comps.
(supported by additional basilisk, bombard and griffon detach.)

1 commissar yarrick

(there was some more but i do not remenber what)

i've won the initiative
movement:
(we forgot about the flyers)
i charged forward with the goffs, mekboy gargant and the supporting
magas(full zoggin' speed ahead!) (got two objectives)
he advanced with leman russ comp.
i charged them with the kult of speed and with the help of the squig fuel
injector(+28 cm) got 5 nobzbikez into close combat with leman russ (the
board was smaller than i thought). (1 objective)
to my very amazement he did not move his marines and wasted them on first
fire with no LOS
my evil sunz advanced and claimed 3(!) objectives (thanks to thraka)
bad moonz and big mob advanced
he only advanced with his mech. comp. and did not disembark!
my pulsas and shokk-atacks claimed another two objectives

first fire
i will only mention the most spectecular things
had no LOS to artillery and fired 3 pulsas into densely packed devastators
(got 2 hits and one scatter of only 3cm)
two(!) pulsas blew up with a 6 and the other with a 4 = first
company broken
he fired griffons at goffs and got only 3 boyz and 1 nob (thanks to
the deflector)
i broke mech. comp with another deadly salvo of pulsas
he destroyed 5 shields of one mega with a warlord (no shot penetrated)
i destroyed a warlord with goff nobz (we weren't sure about first fire
after being transported) and the thing nearly crashed on yarrick
he killed 10 units of my kult of speed with artillery
prevented battery of bombards to fire (with shokk-attacks)
suffered some minor losses to bad moons and evil sunz
( he almost never had LOS)
he destroyed another 3 shields of mega with warlord (two shots penetrated -
causing hull damage and a fire)

close combat
broke leman russ comp. with nobz warbikez

advanced fire
broke his baneblades and two artillery detach. with megas
(broke some other detachs. which i do not remember)

no other unit was able to fire (out of range or no LOS)

end phase
extinguished fire on mega

the game ended 91 to 25

the battle took us about 6 hours and three pizzas
(including setup, the admiring of beautifully painted units, argueing
about salami or ham, etc.)

i guess his biggest mistake was that he did not move with his marines
and that he wasted lots of shots on the deflectors and megas
and if he would have fielded all air units he got at hand it would
have been tough going

i can say that this battle was real fun (he fielded no imperator -
i was really afraid of facing this monster) and that orks are capable
of smashing almost anyone and anything

hope i didn't mix up too much

thanks again to all who supported

(sorry for any mistakes....blah, blah)