Re: [NetEpic ML] brief report on 12000 pts battle

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 08:54:29 +1000

At 12:53 PM 5/31/00 +0000, Carsten Shuett wrote:
>hi!
>
>sm vs orks
>
>the battle is fought and i'm going to start my own ork army.

The Ork are a lot of fun t play aren't they?

>it was so funny....
>i've won in the first round.
>i achieved 91 vic.pts and rokked those filthy oomiez.
>thanks again for any advice (especially kelvin)

You're welcome I'm sure!

>i fielded a goff-clan (with extra nobz and boyz)
>all transported by skullhammers and battlewagons and backed up
>by a dragsta and a stompa mob
>(special card ghazkull thraka)

Hmmm. Ghaz. Not an official NetEpic unit, but as long as you and your
opponent agreed to using him I suppose everything is O.K.

>kult of speed (3*extra nob warbikez)
>2*wartracks
>(special card renegade mekboyz)
>-- the coolest mob ever

That's a lot of Nobz Warbikes! I only have 3 detachments!

>1 commissar yarrick

Ah. NOW I see why Ghaz was there!

>he only advanced with his mech. comp. and did not disembark!
>my pulsas and shokk-atacks claimed another two objectives

How on earth did the Pulsaz and Shokkz claim objectives unless you started
on them? Both units can only shoot on First Fire!

>first fire
>i will only mention the most spectecular things
>had no LOS to artillery and fired 3 pulsas into densely packed devastators
>(got 2 hits and one scatter of only 3cm)

This is your BIG mistake. Each Pulsa battery can only fire ONE Pulsa
Rokkit per turn. You can't fire all three at once!!! Check the rules on them.

>he destroyed 5 shields of one mega with a warlord (no shot penetrated)
>i destroyed a warlord with goff nobz (we weren't sure about first fire
>after being transported)

This is fine. Command Units can Charge and First Fire! At my gaming club
we have a house rule of Command Units only being able to First Fire if they
moved no more than advance distance (if they move charge distance, they
can't fire) but the way to played the rule is completely valid.

>he killed 10 units of my kult of speed with artillery

See what I meant about the Kult taking the biggest losses?

>prevented battery of bombards to fire (with shokk-attacks)

Your Shokks can only fire on First Fire orders you know!

>i can say that this battle was real fun (he fielded no imperator -
>i was really afraid of facing this monster) and that orks are capable
>of smashing almost anyone and anything

Orks are a very mixed bag. Your big mistake was with the Pulsaz. Pulsaz
are good, but not THAT good! You can only shoot one Rokkit per turn! Its
a Golden Rule. And the Imperator isn't really all that impressive. Its
very dependant on the Plasma rolls and can really suffer from a couple of
low rolls. I'm more scared of a Warlord Battlegroup than an Imperator.

>hope i didn't mix up too much

From what you say, your only real mistake was with the Pulsaz. Forgetting
the Flyers would have made a big difference to the Imperial Player as well.
 Had you played the Pulsaz right and fought with the Flyerz, the outcome
would have been very different I feel!

Still, hope you enjoyed NetEpic!

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!