Re: [NetEpic ML] Marine AA

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:37:57 +1000

Hi Warprat.

>My Gaming Group discussed this last week. Our conclusion, after a brisk
>discussion was:
>
>1) Remove the Tarantula Support Battery, and the Scorpian Battery from
>the Marine list. Both are not in keeping with Marine Mobility.

I don't agree here. These units are VERY much in keeping with the idea of
Marine mobility. They are small, powerful weapons that can be placed to
form remote fire support points. They fit easily into transports without
the need to be broken down and are capable of being remotely controlled or
automated. Thus, the Marines can rapidly put them in position and leave
them there to cover a flank, support an advance or help in a defence.
Better to lose some Tarantulas than to lose some Devastator Marines.

>2) Introduce a mobile AA weapon based on the Rhino hull. Much like the
>Saber Hunter, with no troop transport capacity.

Yep. I agree here.

>4) Stats might look like this: 20-25cm move, save on a 4+, CAF 0,
>Autocannon 75cm, 2 attacks, 5+, -1 mod, AA Gun Unit. Cost: 150-200pts
>for three.

Yep. Looks good.

-Kelvin....

         "Of course I'm paranoid!