Re: [NetEpic ML] silly question?

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 12:39:29 -0500

Hi!

>Nah, there should be a better rule on this, one that
>takes all this into account. We take great pride in
>having a flexible, yet complete rulesystem. When
>something isn't right, we discuss it and come up
>with alternatives. Rigid thinking leads to stagnation
>and ultimately takes something away from the game.

true, but unfortunitely not all the game mechanics allow modification
easily.

>Maybe Hellreichs' idea about moving the CC phase has merit?
>It would certainly solve alot of cheese moves, and
>change the fact that most units which survive CC are
>blown away in AF. It is also logical that the CC
>phase is last, since it would take longer to move
>into CC and fight than to fire a weapon, either
>on FF or AF.

Close combat placed at the end of the combat phase is a bad idea because it
causes the the player to rush troops into combat to avoid getting shot at in
the previous two subphases. I have seen this in action quite a few times and
it doesn't solve the problem while it causes a few others. Also there is no
penalty for engaging in close combat when its the last phase since their is
no firing afterwards. As the rules stand they have a built in control, you
screw up close combat you get fried in advance, I like that.

Peter