Re: [NetEpic ML] silly question?

From: Warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 03:13:34 -0700

Hi Rune!

Sorry, I have to agree with Nils and Eivind. I've always viewed this as
a situation where the FF defender fires at the last second. "Don't fire
untill you see the whites of thier eyes", sort of thing.

If you want to fire at some other target, besides the charging unit, you
must Snap Fire. Despite the -1 mod, this can be devestating. I used
this recently on a group of Rhinos before they unloaded. Killed a
Rhino, a Chaos Champion, and a troopie. You hit half as much, but get
three kills. Of course, with the Bail Out rule, this won't work as well
in the future.

I see your point about the turn based game, with many actions. A turn
probably lasts a good half hour, at the very least. But Epic is a
steamlined game system, made to play huge battles in a few hours. The
book keeping that would be required for multiple actions by one unit
would be very cumbersome. I have trouble enough, the way things are
now.

What does everyone else think?

Warprat ;)