Re: [NetEpic ML] The Discount Wars

From: dardman <dardman_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 12:47:13 -0400

Peter,
There are 2 local shops in my area. One owned by my brother which is a
comics/card/games shop and the other a well stocked proper game store
(customer service is average to below, though but a great selection). I shop
at my brothers store becuase of the special discounts but also shop on-line
and from the other local game store because of variety. You are right most
stores are ill stocked or service is poor.
As for GW I think they can do what they want simply because as a
manufacturer they don't have to sell to everyone. They have credit apps and
other rules that can keep the on-line stores to a minimum. They do need
outlets for the gamers to purchase their games (hobby game shops). But I do
agree with you for the most part. If someone wants to make 10% on large
volume more power to them.
Darius