Re: [NetEpic ML] [Completely OT] Robotech

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:28:01 +1000

At 02:35 AM 7/17/00 -0700, Warprat wrote:

Hi Warprat,

>About ten years ago, a pal and I watched the whole series from begining
>to end, one rainy weekend. Sorry though, I've lost touch with him, when
>we went our seperate ways. He was the owner of the tapes.

Darn it. Ah well. It WAS a shot in the dark.

>The one guy I really liked was that big giant guy named Kyron (was that
>his name?) That, and lots and lots of pickle ships! We slowed down the
>frames, to watch the detailed animation during the battle scenes. WOW!

Kyron. The Maniacal Zentraedi Warlord. Very crazy but somehow
likeable. From THAT series (the Macross series) my favourite character HAD
to be Breetai. For a 50ft warlord, he had some style.

>Battle Tech borrowed the Pheonix Hawk, and Wasp from that show, but
>didn't get it right untill they came out with the LAN versions.

Battletech STOLE the Phoneix Hawk (Super Veritech), Wasp & Stinger
(Veritechs with different head styles), Archer (Gladiator), Rifleman
(Raidar-X), Warhammer (Excaliber), Missileman (Spartan) and Maurader
(Officer's Battlepod). There was actually a BIG legal wrangle about those
Mech designs way back when Battletech first started. FASA eventually
sorted the mess out.

>Stay warm! It's 2 a.m. here, and it's still HOT.
>I've got the fan on High!

And I've got the heater on full! Its 11am and its still only about 8
degrees Celcius here! Brrrr!

-Kelvin....

      When you're feeling down just
      remember that you are unique.