Re: [NetEpic ML] [Completely OT] Robotech

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:37:14 +1000

Hi Warprat!

>Maybe it was Breetai I liked. Which Warlord had the patch over the eye?
>My pal named his cat Kyron, maybe I got them confused. It's been a few
>years. The name seemed to fit that cat.

It certainly was Breetai who had the patch over his eye. He and his short
advisor, Exedor, were the two who defected to the Humans and brought all
their fightin' mates.

>I had forgotten about all those other Mechs you mentioned. Brings back
>a few memories. My favorite mech was the Wolverine. I just LOVED the
>look of that Ball Turret. But back when I Role Played, my characters
>piloted a modified Jenner, and the big brother to the Hatchetman, I
>can't remember its name, but it also had a Gauss Cannon. Or it did
>after, "I" modified it.

Yes. I quite liked the Wolverine. That and the Shadow Hawk were two of my
favourite Battletech mechs. <Sigh> Brings back memories of misspent high
school years playing Shadowrun and Battletech.

>I lost some of my interest, with the introduction of the Clans. A
>mistake if you ask me. I thought the battle between the Houses was
>interesting in itself. The "Lost Tech" thing was OK, but hard to
>sustain, if you ever wanted to introduce new units. Kind of like
>Warhammer.

I didn't mind the Clans, but it was when they started to get very cheddary
that I lost interest in the game.

>Too bad you live in "The Land Down Under", you'd be terrific to game
>with.

Aww shucks <BLUSH>. Perhaps I'll win the lottery this week and we'll all
get together for a big game of Epic.

-Kelvin....

      When you're feeling down just
      remember that you are unique.