New NetEpic Site Around the Corner

From: Tzeentch <tzeentch666_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:13:52 -0700

After a pretty damn long hiatus from Epic I've started working on the new
NetEpic site (And by extension the next Incoming!). I've already decided on
the general look and feel (though I'm still experimenting) and want to know
what sections it should be divided into. Right now I'm looking at the major
sections being:

Fiction
Adeptus Titanicus
"Classic" Space Marine
Epic40K
NetEpic 3.0
NetEpic 4.0
Heresy
Warmaster (rename?)

If there is a future "fantasy NetEpic" it will also go on the list.

Each section will be divided up into:

Army Lists
Scenarios
Play-Aids

One idea that would GREATLY simplify things is essentially dismembering
Incoming! and placing its articles in the appropriate section. Neither I nor
Peter have the time to devote to maintaining the e-zine (although funnily
enough we have NO shortage of material), with him moving back to Puerto
"It's the Humidity!" Rico and me getting ready to go to college and
freelancing for FASA.

Also, NetEpic will be gettings its OWN domain name (more detail on this
later) and I'll be soliciting for people to help maintain sections on the
site (probably divvied up by game). I can POSSIBLY manage it I'll also try
to put the OLD NetEpic Mailing List archives on the site (the chances of
that seem kinda slim though!).

As much as possible the dominant "standards" for the files will be HTML,
Word97, and PDF. If I can, everything will be available in all three.

So post your input on what you want to see on the new NetEpic site. I need
to get the basics of the site whipped out by the end of the month so get
cracking. Links to sites where you like the design are also appreciated (I'm
NOT a professional webdesigner so I'll be stealing as much good stuff as I
can).

Kenneth Peters