RE: [NetEpic ML] More On Topic Now

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 17:25:18 +1000

At 08:28 AM 7/25/00 +0200, Nils wrote:
> > I did this about 1 or two years ago with 40K. Each player controlled one
> > of the nations. For each supply centre (city) they controlled they could
> > field one 500 pt army. Put 2 500 pointers together and you could form a
> > 1000pt army. 3 together and form a 1500 pt army, etc.
> >
> > Every third turn was a supply turn. For every supply centre controlled,
> > you could have 500 pts worth of troops. In between supply rounds, any
> > armies that lost forces had to record the amount of points lost. That
> > army
> > then fought at a reduced strength. In the supply turn, armies that were
> > at
> > reduced strength were resupplied up to full strength as long as they could
> >
> > trace a supply line back to a supply centre. Supply Centres (cities) held
> >
> > a 500 pt garrison that could add to the strength of an army DEFENDING it,
> > they couldn't be used for extra troops when attacking. Movement was
> > dictated by the Diplomacy rules, battles were actually fought using 40K
> > forces.
> >
> > It was a really good way of running a campaign and made for some
> > interesting alliances (Eldar and Chaos? Who knew!).
> >
> > It could easily be translated into NetEpic. Every supply centre can
> > sustain 1000pts (or any number you feel comfortable with) of troops.
> > Easy.
> >
>HI,
>
>This is quite a good idea, you needn't use the Diplomacy map either. You
>could device your own maps. Actually, this is the best idea on how to run an
>epic campaing I've encountered thus far!

It was a beautifully simple campaign. Very little paperwork and very
little to have to remember in the way or rules. Yes, you could easily use
your own map, but we used the Diplomacy map cause it was there and the
distribution of supply centres (cities) was nicely even. The Diplomacy map
is really a very good map.

-Kelvin....

      When you're feeling down just
      remember that you are unique.