Drop Pod Questions

From: <100kheretics_at_...>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 14:47:48 -0000

The 1st question I had was whether or not Drop pods could be attacked
by flyers as they're landing. I could see the rules going either way
on this one, cause I immagine the pods would be falling PDQ, but
still, fighters (on dogfight orders) could concievably make an attack
before they landed (though this _could_ make drop pods completely
unplayable as they already have to go through a pretty severe ammount
of fire as they land).

My 2nd question also involves drop pods... shouldn't there be a
support card that would allow more drop pods for a company that chose
to deploy in them. As it stands there's 16 pods, 10 of which carry
troops, and the destruction of any of which represents a distinct
disadvantage to the marine player (especially if the one containing
the HQ or other special characters is hit).

I would submit that there should be 3 support cards available for
this kind of a company; Decoys and additional deathwind/support pods
(decoys could be additional assault pods that aren't carrying any
troops). I guessed that since the cost of the drop pod special card
is 300 points, and that the 10 assault pods simply replace the
company's rhinos, that the 300 points reflected the cost of the
support/deathwind pods. Therefore I thought that the decoy card could
represent 6 decoys and cost 100 points (the same cost as 6 rhinos)
and the deathwind/support cards would each cost 150 points for 3 pods.

Any thoughts?