Re: [NetEpic ML] Veteran HQs

From: (wrong string) � Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
Date: Fri Aug 11 08:27:20 2000

>Does it strike anyone else as kinda wierd that Space marine veteran
>companies have the same HQ units as everyone else? I'd think that a
>veteran unit would be pretty likely to have a veteran HQ.

>My suggestion would be to have a Veteran HQ unit with the same stats
>as a regular HQ, but w/ one of the 2 special abbilities of the SM
>Commander (ie forced march or tactical genius) to be chosen before
>the beginning of the game. Thoughts? Would this make the SMs too
>powerful?

Yip. I would use it the same way as Terminator HQ. +1 to Veteran CAF for a
total of +5. No more.

>And on a side note, why aren't there any special veteran units for
>the IG? In W40K (small-scale) there's an entire regiment (calan or
>something... called the "deathworld") that's considered veterans... I
>wouldn't think that the Imps would have that much difficulty fielding
>a company or 2 of veterans (and I'd also support the veteran HQ for
>them too)...

For a company of veterans I would use tactical/assault/heavy stands with an
extra +1 to CAF and morale rating 3+. If you find this too less you can
think of any way to improve them (What about no chain of command or some
advantages about it?)