Re: [NetEpic ML] Fighting against Chaos; Supporting CC

From: warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 21:49:32 -0700

Hi Aaron!

I once though as you do. But I now consider the Rhino to be a valuable
part of the Space Marine detachment.

It partly depends on who you play against, and thier playing style, but
after having had my butt beat pretty hard a coulple of times, I now
appeciate the Rhino.

Consider the following:

1) Rhinos can pin vehicles. Then the Marines can Close Combat along
with them.

2) Rhinos being a vehicle, cannot be pinned by enemy infantry. If the
troops are loaded, you can move away from the Close Combat, and choose
where YOU want to fight.

3) Rhinos give mobility. Mobility makes your moves less predictable.
Unpredictability wins games.

4) The Rhino isn't all that bad in Close Combat. So, it has a zero CAF.
Overwealm your opponent locally in Close Combat with your superior
mobility, then pair the Rhino up with a troop, and use the Rhino as the
first casualty.

Hell, once in a while, I even try to SAVE the Rhino, so I can pin
something later. In this case, I use the troop in Close Combat, first.

To me, getting three Rhinos for 50pts is a real bargain!

Warprat ;)