Re: [NetEpic ML] Fighting against Chaos; Supporting CC

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:31:51 -0400

Hi!

Drop pods are a major pain for most players to deal with since they can land
anywhere and disrupt the battle line. Only detachment s as mentioned need
maintain coherency and the drop pods can be dropped over a wide area,
remeber that coherency is an issue IF you move if you stay in the same place
after deployment you need not reorganize. The most daring use of drop pods I
have seen was dropping a devastator company, very risky but if you land them
away from immediate close combat reprisals the payoff is enormous, remember
they get the -2 armor save modifier from shooting from behind plus their -1
for a total of -3, just imagine 32 attack dice at -3!

Of course there are ways to squelch drop pods but I will reserve that until
after me and Ed play in September since I dont want to blow any
secrets..<grin>

Peter