RE: [NetEpic ML] Epic WW1

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 10:37:00 +0300

If we decide to go for this I just wonder whether the EpicWWII could use d10
or even d12 instead of d6? This would allow more variety in to-hit rolls and
saving throws while not changing the basic mechanics of play.

> I guess the basic units would include, infantry with standard IG stats
> (veterans/elite to include mainly better to hit rolls, more
> attacks and
> armour value, to keep the emphasis away from close combat),
> Bazooka/anti-tank guns with hwy.weapon stats and machine gun
> crews with
> Tarantula stats.
>
> Early WWII tank units should really suck when it comes to
> armour value,
> range, firepower, armour piercing capability and CAF,
> continuing that line
> of thought the T34 should be close to a Land Raider with a
> turret and, I

I would make T-34 more like a Leman Russ without the hull gun. KVs would be
more like Land Raiders but slower. Early PzIII and IV would have saves of 5+
in the d6 scale. I & II would have 6+.

> guess the TIGER I and II's should come close to a Shadowsword
> in stats.

Here is the reason why I would suggest adopting a d12 as the base die. For
NetEpic it would be too much trouble but since we start from scratch here it
would be feasible. The d6 would make a Panther and a Tiger I, for example,
equal in armor while there was a significant difference.

> This would of course be an enourmous task indeed, and I guess
> there would be
> considerable differences of opnion and hard debates on the
> subject......
> Sounds like a lot of fun!

Definetely. I am really interested in this if it becomes an actual project.
I might even do Finnish TO&E if yo� ask nicely ;-)

> Nils

> http://profiles.msn.com.

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.