Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic WW1

From: T. Pieciukiewicz <pieciuk_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 08:23:20 +0200

> You could make some variations to the rules for chain of command, amount
ov
> veteran/elite troops, vehicle stats (Now, thats a lot of work!!!!),
> availability of special types of units (depending on which area/teatre you
> want to play). I guess you could use NetEpic rules as a base for most
types
> of historical wargames. However, I think that roughriders are somewhat
more
> efficient than their polish lancer comrads form the beginning of WWII.
Roughriders are CC unit. Polish lancers fought like infantry, they used
horses mainly for movement. There were few charges (against infantry, not
tanks!) - very successful ones, but mainly thanks to the local conditions.
Generally they dismounted and fought on foot (you make much smaller target
when not on horse :). Their main advantage was strategical, not tactical,
mobility - you don't need fuel and spare parts for the horse.

    Pietia