Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic WW 2 infantry stuff

From: Thomas Wildman <tnrw00_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 18:19:20 -0500

Have you guys seen the back of the book for the AH Panzerblitz game. It
talks about the difference between potential and effective range of tank and
artillery weapons, and speed, weight, etc. stats for the majority of the
armored vehicles on the eastern front.
Tom

NS: I say reduce movement rate, to move emphasis avay from CC, 5 cm
for infantry

> Save:
> Roll on 1d10 instead. A jeep or truck would get a 8+ save, 7+ for
> halftracks, 6+ for Sherman M1, 3+ for Panther, 1+ for K�ngstiger
>
> CAF:
> Perhaps use two values? One versus armor and one versus infantry. Tanks
> would only have one value as i dont think they usually assault each other.
>
> Roll what in CC? 1d10+CAF, 2d10+CAF or what?

NS: 2d10 + CAF

> I have assumed 1d10.
>
> Unit (infantry assault / armor assault)
> Rifleinfantry +2 / +0
> SMG infantry +4 / -1
> SS with panzerfausts +3 / +3
> etc.
>
> Range:
> Rifle 50 cm.
> SMG / carbine 25 cm.
> Bazooka 35 cm.
> MG 75 cm.
> Most cannon fire 100 cm.
>
> Attacks:
> 1 for most infantry units and cannon
> 2 SMG, machinegunners
> 3 very rapid firing stuff like tanks with multiple machin guns or MG42
> support units.

NS: I think that we could make use of the number of attacks to
represent elite units! SMG should have 1 attac IMO, Machingunners could fire
bort in the FF fase and the advance fase provided they don't move that turn.

> To-hit:
> Around 7+ ?

NS: 7+ for common units sounds good!

> Save modifier:
> 0 small arms, mortar shells
> -1 grenades, .50 Browning M2, large mortars
> -2 Small artillery
> -3 Panzerschreck
> -6 The much feared "88"

NS: -6 is perhaps a bit hefty even for the 88, -3 for other
Anti-tank guns should be considered.

> Morale:
> use a d10 as well.
> 6 Standard