RE: [NetEpic ML] Epic WW 2 infantry stuff

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 09:38:31 +0200

        NS: I say reduce movement rate, to move emphasis avay from CC, 5 cm
for infantry

> Save:
> Roll on 1d10 instead. A jeep or truck would get a 8+ save, 7+ for
> halftracks, 6+ for Sherman M1, 3+ for Panther, 1+ for K�ngstiger
>
> CAF:
> Perhaps use two values? One versus armor and one versus infantry. Tanks
> would only have one value as i dont think they usually assault each other.
>
> Roll what in CC? 1d10+CAF, 2d10+CAF or what?

        NS: 2d10 + CAF

> I have assumed 1d10.
>
> Unit (infantry assault / armor assault)
> Rifleinfantry +2 / +0
> SMG infantry +4 / -1
> SS with panzerfausts +3 / +3
> etc.
>
> Range:
> Rifle 50 cm.
> SMG / carbine 25 cm.
> Bazooka 35 cm.
> MG 75 cm.
> Most cannon fire 100 cm.
>
> Attacks:
> 1 for most infantry units and cannon
> 2 SMG, machinegunners
> 3 very rapid firing stuff like tanks with multiple machin guns or MG42
> support units.

        NS: I think that we could make use of the number of attacks to
represent elite units! SMG should have 1 attac IMO, Machingunners could fire
bort in the FF fase and the advance fase provided they don't move that turn.

> To-hit:
> Around 7+ ?

        NS: 7+ for common units sounds good!

> Save modifier:
> 0 small arms, mortar shells
> -1 grenades, .50 Browning M2, large mortars
> -2 Small artillery
> -3 Panzerschreck
> -6 The much feared "88"

        NS: -6 is perhaps a bit hefty even for the 88, -3 for other
Anti-tank guns should be considered.

> Morale:
> use a d10 as well.
> 6 Standard