Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Iron Warrior votes (LONG)

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 10:37:19 GMT

>Devestators (or any Long Range infantry), for Chaos is not in character
>for this army. And please, NO artillery support for the Chaos Marines.
>
>Marines are a fast attack force in galactic travel, as well as on the
>battlefield. Big pieces of artillery do NOT fit this model.

Well, it appears that everyone is thinking that chaos itself is going to
change and we are making ALL marines in every corner of the universe
lascannon wileding, artillery supported firepower types.

False!

What is being discussed here is a single legion that happens to be
specialized in siege warfare, and so people have SUGGESTED that they could
be outfitted with weaponry that would allow these marines to fullfill their
objectives without having to employ british WW1 tactics (i.e. storming enemy
heavy weapon positions with infantry)

After all, marines have to storm dug-in enemies a lot of the time (as they
will propably spend most of their time killing rebel Ig armies) and so they
would have the equipment to do this, at elast on a very small scale.

Its just that marines in general are storm troops for open field fighting
an�d shock tactics.