Re: Iron Warrior votes (LONG)

From: Luca Lettieri <magnus_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 10:45:27 -0000

> Well, it appears that everyone is thinking that chaos itself is
going to
> change and we are making ALL marines in every corner of the
universe
> lascannon wileding, artillery supported firepower types.
>
> False!
>
> What is being discussed here is a single legion that happens to be
> specialized in siege warfare, and so people have SUGGESTED that
they
could
> be outfitted with weaponry that would allow these marines to
fullfill their
> objectives without having to employ british WW1 tactics (i.e.
storming enemy
> heavy weapon positions with infantry)

This is all good and well, but I didn't see any provision for NOT
mixing Iron Warriors with a normal Chaos Army. So, unless you're
actually building a separate Iron Warriors army list, the fact
remains that you're giving long-range fire support to any Chaos army
willing to field Iron Warriors units. Considering that they happen to
be the best in CC too, with bonuses going over the already excellent
Chaos SM, I'd be hard pressed to think of a reason NOT to include
this ludicrously overpowered unit. Except a 2000 pts-per-detachment
point cost, as I've already said.

Luca Lettieri