Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic WW 2 infantry stuff

From: dardman <dardman_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 08:13:43 -0400

I am really interested in helping where I can with this proposed project. I would like work with the US an Japanese forces since I know little about the European forces.
One thing I have noticed is that most people discussing this subject have exact details of the troops and vehicles. It is a good thing and a bad thing as well. Keep in mid detail is important but too much may cause problems. I suggest using the Net Epic core rules as a template, use a 10 or 12 sided (I like the 10 personally, easy for percentages), implement armor penetration (a sniper or a rifleman shouldn't have a chance in Hades of taking out a heavy tank), create units around the Net Epic model (tactical=rifleman,devastator=bazooka,assault=MG troops and have other units such as a HMG team, mortar team etc...).
From there we could make a viable game that isn't as detailed as the Avalon Hill classics but fun just the same.
Thanks,
Darius Spano