RE: [Net Epic ML] [Question of an Net Epic Newbie] Snap Fire and Command Range of HQ's

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 19:03:54 -0400

Hi!

Hi Guys,

here are my first questions for NetEpic:

When can i do snapfire and wich units can do it?
- must my detachments on first fire orders to fire a snapshot at enemy
models in the movement phase (can they also fire later in the first fire
phase, or can they just fire once??):

You may snap fire at any point during a opponents move, note the key word is
MOVE, you cannot fire at stationary targets, only those that are moving. You
stop the opponent at the most advantageous part of the move for you to shoot
and you shoot at a -1 modifier. Only units on first fire may snap fire.

- what is the range of snapfire? can my artillery pieces snapfire
100cm??????

No. Artillery may never snap fire. You can snap fire up to the range of the
weapon.

After reading the rule booklet this questions was not quite clear to me
(mybe it's just my bad english ;-).

The next one is:

What is the command range for company HQ's?
- are these 25cm, within all detachments (or just one model of a detachment)
must be?
- for what are HQ's units also good for (beside just being good fighting
models)?

Only Imperial Guard need the HQ's within a certain distance to be able to
issue orders, HQ's from other armies need not be within any set distance.
There was some talk to remedy this but nothing conclusive ever came of it.

Peter

Welcome to the group!