Re: Warhammer 40K Praetorians

From: E. Carrington <carrington_emman_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 08:09:09 -0000

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, deaconblue3_at_j... wrote:
> GW has this tendency of using existing history for gaming purposes.

Which makes me wonder whether if GW considers history to be a worthy
quarry of ideas or if GW is (or always has been) out of original
ideas. I found it a little interesting seeing the Big Toof (or
whatever) battle in WD. It seemed more a refight of Custer's last
stand than Ishandlawana (I think that's spelt correctly). I could
have sworn that someone at GW copied the troop movements of Custer's
forces, it looked a little too much like the map I've got in one my
books at home.