Re: [NetEpic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] Rules Question & a little Addition ;-)

From: Daniel Wolf <MasterDanielWolf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 00:12:09 +0200

Hi again,

forgot to replie to this question of you Peter:

> 1. NetEpic v4.0: quite ok, also i think that a 4+ void shield repair and
> normal repair is way too hard for imperial titans. My gaming group & i use
> the 5+ rolls...
>
> Do you have any game examples on how this worked out? The experience has
> been varied on this.

Yeahh a _real_ good example of good 5+ dice rolls was my last game; listen
to my short description:

mmrrrmmmm....

And so it came that the mighty hordes of chaos, led by many greater daemons
and primarchs, rampaged over the eye of terror
[cutting about 10 minutes of just blabla ;-)]
and they finally ended on the wrong side of a mighty imperial army (well,
before the battle it was mighty;; grumblllll...)

We fought a 4000 pts battle, compromising the following forces (as far as i
know; it's been 2 weeks ago):

The mighty Commander Dan Wolf: (Imperial)
1 Marine Battle Company
1 Whirlwind Det.
1 Land Raider Det.
1 Vindicator Det.
1 Landspeeder Det.
1 Baneblade
1 IG Tactical Company
1 Leman Russ Det.
1 Basilisk Det.
1 Warlord Titan (Fire Control Centre, Plasma Cannon -> titan killer, Gatling
Blaster, Volcano Cannon)
1 Armageddon

The foul Commander My friend (Chaos)
1 Bloodthirster
1 Angron
1 Fulgrim
1 Banelord (typical Banelord armament)
2 Subjugators
1 Hellslicer Det.
1 Fleshhound Det.
1 Bloodletter Det.
1 Emperor's children company
1 World Eater company
1 khorne daemon engine det. (brass scorpion, tower of skulls and a death
dealer i think)
1 Minotaur Det.

The whole game was just a big looooooooosssing thing for me. Bahh it sucked.
I made a BIG set-up mistake and a BIG wrong move with my marine battle
company and my land speeders. In the first two turns i lost the complete
battle company, all land speeders and the leman russ. Whereas i killed one
(!) khorne engine and a few chaos marine stands (3 or so; horray!) and one
Subjugator.
And so it went on. He killed my Land Raiders with his bloodletters, i killed
his fleshhounds with my assault marines (this was cool; i made some quite
good dice rolls).
Then came his primarchs and greater daemons and that was game over for
me....
Needless to say i lost the game 45:19. Arrghh!

---------------
We also had another problem with cc primarch / daemon vs. tanks:
May the vehicle bolters fired on a charging daemon? The rules say you may
not fire on first fire on charging daemons. Bye the way is the "no first
fire rule" applied to all daemons as in the original space marine, or just
on greater daemons?
May i snap fire in the movement phase on charging daemons? (the unit who
snap fires is also on first fire).

waaaaghhhh you see so many questions involving our netepic experience.....
I hope it's not too much for you all, but before we just played original
epic and it's quite a difference to NetEpic.
--------------

But i wanted to describe the titan save / regenerate shield rolls. Ok now
listen over the whole game (4 turns) my armagedon and my warlord (always
with plasma connon; hits on 3+ with fire control centre) fired on his
banelord. And i did the following damage to him: 1/2 CAF, destroyed
doomfist, destroyed tail or so.
My friend always regenerated some shields and made some good repair rolls.
Ok, you may now say: "he had some lucky dice rolls!" But THAT'S the problem:
he made just average dice rolls on repair or shield regeneration, but
because titans have this to hit template makes them live quite long! And
this i noticed over my whole epic gaming experience: a to hit templates
helps models to survive longer! (therefore you gave the leviathan and the
other super heavies a template eh?!? ;-).

Therefore we don'T use the 4+ repair / regeneration.

And by the way: where there any changes in the army booklets from v3.0 to
v4.0? (besides the imperial titan upgrades?)

So, puuhh, became quite a long addition.
Bye
Dan Wolf