Re: Slann victorious again?

From: <wsboyd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 23:05:29 -0000

(UNLURK)
Hi, I rarely comment on this list
(& have 0.0001% interest in Slann/Nercon),
but a statement was made that I think is Wrong.

Unit Coherency; Bloodletters. In my old EPIC
books it states explicitly that if a unit cannot
keep up with the rest of the units in its group,
it MUST BE LEFT BEHIND & MUST try to rejoin it's
group A.S.A.P.. The example given is a group of
infantry & vehicles entering impassable terrain.

I feel that being shot DEAD (& MAYBE regenerating
later) is more of an Incovenience than terrain is,
so the 'dead' unit would also be left behind. If &
when it is no longer Dead, it would have to rejoin
it's group A.S.A.P.

Example: "Hey! They killed Kenny!

 A/ Let's wait here being shot at & watch to see if
    he grows a new torso."
 B/ Those Bast**ds! Get 'em guys! Blood 4 da Blood God!"

 Pick one.

WSB :-}
p.s. Scarabs, are they some sort of
     Robot Assault Ferrets?

[LURK]

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, warprat <warprat_at_j...> wrote:
> Hi Rune!
>
> If you get your hands on the 2nd Edition rules, put out Games
Workshop,
> or a White Dwarf or two, it would help to "understand" the Fluff a
bit
> better. The Battles book was also good. You can find it on e-Bay.
>
> I actually only started playing, shortly after 2nd Edition came out.
> I didn't own any mini's, or rules, untill a year ago. My first wife
> didn't like me gaming so much, but my 2nd wife is VERY
understanding.

> I've got a 17 year old daughter who's pretty good at playing
wargames,
> and Magic Cards. Kind of a father/daughter thing. I'd take her as
> Co-General any day. She's very smart, and very sneaky! I like to
think
> she learned it from me. Can you tell I'm a proud father?
>
> What are you talking about, GROWN MAN? Are you too old to have fun?
> Hey, I'm 39. Gosh, I'll be 40 in 3 days. Time sure flys, when your
> having fun.
>
> When I turned 19, I gave my N-Scale train set to a younger boy,
because
> I thought I was too old for it. Boy, would I LOVE to have that
train
> set now! ;)
>
> You know what they say, "Men will be boys!"
>

> Best Wishes, Rune!
>
> Warprat ;)
>

> Karlsen Rune wrote:
> >
> > Ahh..We don't use snapfire rules. It was decided by Nils and
> > Eivind in "ancient times" that this would slow the game down.
> > Me? Im all for it, but these guys are my equals at stubbornness,
> > if not worse (Hi Eivind! :).
> >
> > I think it's nice that you play the way you do, but you have to
> > understand that not all of us are old Titan Legion or whatnot
> > players. I was introduced to Epic only a few years ago, and had
> > previously mostly played RPG's. I don't really know the fluff
> > or history, and haven't really seen alot of it lying around.
> > Besides, im a grown man, i dont really see myself saying something
> > like "For the glory of the Slann" or "For the balance" or
something
> > while making a move. If i say something, it'll be more like "Eat
that,
> > you son of a motherless goat!" or "Shove that down your throat"!
;)
> > We have lots of fun playing, and as far as i can remember, noone
> > has actually got mad....

GREAT
> > that you do! It makes for better ideas and discussion.
> >
> > Sure.... the Bloodletters DO regen in the End Phase, but the
shooting
> > happens during the Bloodletter's movement.
> >
> > It works like this:
> >
> > 1) Chaos player starts to move the first Bloodletter of a
detachment.

> > 2) Marine player Snap fires at maximum range.
> >
> > 3) Bloodletter is killed, and gets placed on it's side, for
possible
> > regeneration at the END of the turn.
> >
> > 4) Future moves by that detachment MUST maintain coherancy to the
fallen
> > unit.
> >
> > The Necron Assaults have a 40cm jump range, and they can not be
Snap
> > fired at. They make it EVERY time!
> >
> > As for the Scarabs...
> >
> > I'll ask you the same question I asked Hellreich.
> >
> > The Scarab "Fluff" says that Necrons are USUALLY accompanied by
Scarabs.

> > When you take Necrons, do Scarabs usually accompany them?

[SNIP!]