Re: Core rule interpretations

From: Eivind Borgeteien <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 17:13:25 -0000

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, "Peter Ramos" <primarch_at_b...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Different groups have different styles of play and they also have
different
> was of interpretation and resolving rule mechanics. In our last
games some
> questions regarding close combat interpretation and resolution came
up. I
> gave the answers that GW had given long ago, but I wonder, here's
some and
> lets see what you all think
>
> 1. Can the attacker select which models he will charge ganging up
on a few
> models while ignoring others? Or do you need to engage all the
enemy first
> before doubling up?

> The official answer is that you can charge and select however you
want thus
> concentrating on a few models rather than diluting them over too
many. Both
> methods have pros and cons, what do all you do?

---> We play it so that an atacker must engage all the stands in the
enemy detachment with 1 stand before he can double up, then by two
before he can do it 3-1. This is provided that he can has movent to
reach all. If not, then he have to engage as many as he has within
reach.

> 2. Multiple combats, I have never been happy with this. It is clear
that the
> player with the most models dictates how the combat is resolved,
but it is
> common in large combats where many are engaging the same unit how
and when
> to apply extra dice or even resolve them accordingly.
>
> How do most of you handle this? I have seen many ways of doing it,
but none
> quite cut it.

--->This is my main grudge against the epic game system, the CC gets
too chaotic. We think it is best to resolve them in the order they
occur.

Player A moves his det A1 onto CC with unit B1, then player B moves
his det B2 to the rescue, into CC wit A1. Player A moves up his
reservedet A2 into CC with the rest. Quite a mess isn't it?

First we resolve CC A1/B1, A was the attacker, then he has already
chosen who to attack. Then we take CC B2/A1, bearing in mind who in
det A that has already been in CC. (Now B is the attacker) Then we
take CC A2 with the rest, following the same procedure.

Kind of chaotic, but it works.

Eivind