Core rule interpretations

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:42:53 -0400

Hi!

Different groups have different styles of play and they also have different
was of interpretation and resolving rule mechanics. In our last games some
questions regarding close combat interpretation and resolution came up. I
gave the answers that GW had given long ago, but I wonder, here's some and
lets see what you all think

1. Can the attacker select which models he will charge ganging up on a few
models while ignoring others? Or do you need to engage all the enemy first
before doubling up?

The official answer is that you can charge and select however you want thus
concentrating on a few models rather than diluting them over too many. Both
methods have pros and cons, what do all you do?

2. Multiple combats, I have never been happy with this. It is clear that the
player with the most models dictates how the combat is resolved, but it is
common in large combats where many are engaging the same unit how and when
to apply extra dice or even resolve them accordingly.

How do most of you handle this? I have seen many ways of doing it, but none
quite cut it.

Opinions?

Peter