Re: [NetEpic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] Re: Core rule interpretations

From: quester <quester666_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 14:34:36 -0700 (PDT)

  Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...> wrote:

Hi!
in the old rules SM TL ETC you have to nominate each shot by shot (befor rolling any dice) to a stand or tank

EXAMPLE : I have 6 attack dice i ll shoot 1 on this stand 1 on this one and 1 on that one and 3 on that tank, then you start rolling dice to hit

time comsumming but thats the way it worked, you can shoot at any part of lots of targets

BTW: When firing on a detachment of troops can i allocate my attack dice at
individual members (targetting those within assault range, objectives etc.)
or do the enemy just remove the closest stands / models???

I would NOT allow this. It introduces to much "cheese" to the combat
sequence and nitpicking. You may choose a unit/detachment as long as they
are not HQ, but the once it is selected individual models in it you may not.
I let the defender remove them as HE sees fit. If I want to reclaim an
objective you either assault it or blast them to hell. To shoot the closest
to be closer to an objective or other such thing is pushing it a bit and
will leave bad blood between players. So definitely remove those "closest in
a group" or any other order so long as the firer doesn't pick those to
remove.

Peter

eGroups Sponsor

"Is it time to play?"