Re: [NetEpic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] Re: Core rule interpretations

From: hellreich <hellreich_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 20:49:02 -0400

very well put
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Peter Ramos
  To: netepic_at_egroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2000 6:39 PM
  Subject: [NetEpic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] Re: Core rule interpretations

  Hi!

  Point taken and thus the original interpretation, but it does devaluate CAF done in this way and it also promotes some dubious tactics. It does explain some of the impressions with people and certain units, I have long ago stopped fearing Eldar infantry and even consider them "not a good buy" since I always sidestep the issue by engaging two stands of the 4 breaking them and ignoring the remaining two. Sounds like a sound tactic, but is it fair? I'm not so sure, realistically two detachments just go at each other, leaving some unengaged would be a bad thing in the real world, but there is no penalty in epic, with this other alternative they act more like groups and only movement and adequate use of reserves dictates the victor.

  I am of two minds with this, but I sway towards engaging everything before doubling up because it truly makes good close combat troops good at what they do, otherwise they are too easy to take out with selective pinning.

  Peter