Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: wraithguards

From: quester <quester666_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:17:47 -0700 (PDT)

  Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...> wrote:

> >what? they have a 5 ws to a MS 4 and a MS standerd weapons will only
> get through their aromr on a roll of 6 on a D6 and that will give
>them a wound 1/3 of the time, bump them off their feet 1/3 of the time
>or suck them into the worp 1/3 of the time with a 1 in 6 chance of
>taking each mini in 2in. with them
>and there not Dangerous in Melee

Uhhh, actually (I assume you talk 40K second edition) the marine would get
to add the close combat bonus to armor penetration when using the bolt
pistol in CC.
sorry your wrong becouse the guard is not a non-moving tank and it has a WS and you get no Bonus
Check out the book, thats how it works, thats why meltaguns are so dead hard
against tanks.
Only when their not moving WD change
>LOL
>the +4 was to take this all in their hard to kill
>and in RT way back when, they were 300 PT combat gods

Well, I always interpreted epic close combat as close quarter fighting with
flamers, pistols etc.

The wraithguard do not carry any assault weapons of this type and no
grenades.
Besides they are mentioned (at least in 40K3) as being slow due to them
viewing this world as a kind of spirit world.

For these reasons I wouldnt bumb them up to over a standard marine unit.

But I agree that +1 is too low

http://profiles.msn.com.

eGroups Sponsor

"Is it time to play?"