Re: [NetEpic ML] NetEpic WW2 (loong)

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 07:23:40 GMT

it. I
>guess you can say I'm in my WW2 phase at the moment.

well, so am I :)

> >Perhaps we could use a system similar to the one for tarantulas?
> >Troops advancing fire only about half the shots in the advance phase,
> >troops
> >first firing get to fire the other half of their attacks in the first
>fire
> >segment.
> >This rule should propably not be used for SMG's since they are assault
>type
> >weapons.
>
>Care to expand on this? I don't quite follow you on this one.

FOr example, american grunts with M1 rifles get 2 attacks under regular
NetEpic rules.
Using this alternative systtem, they get 1 attack in the advance fire
segment, and one in the first fire segment. If they take advance orders they
will only get 1 attack.
A unit with an uneven number of attacks would propably split with the
majority going to the advance segment, f.x. 3 attacks would mean 1 in first
fire and 2 in advance.
Attacks in the first fire segment could be used for snap fire as normal.

> >Rocket launchers -3 (PIAT), -4 bazooka, -5 panzerschreck
>
>I think these are too high. American bazookas weren't all that effective
>against heavy german armor unles they attacked from the side for the
>tracks.
>They'd bounce off the frontal armor.

Yeah, I suppose a heavy tank would have a save round 3+ or so.
Reduce the bazooka to -3 and PIAT to -2 ???

>So far so good from my view. It seems shooting will be the major factor for
>casualties as it should be, while units with good assault capabilities will
>have bonuses for that.

That was what I was hoping to achieve.
WW2 was primarily firepower based with machineguns being the most important
weapon (that was at least the tactical doctrine of the german army)