Re: [NetEpic ML] NetEpic WW2 (loong)

From: peter ramos <ramospeter_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:58:08 EST

Hi!

I'm glad you are still persuing this idea. I have been quite interested in
using such rules and am planning on picking up some GHQ models to test it. I
guess you can say I'm in my WW2 phase at the moment.

>Perhaps we could use a system similar to the one for tarantulas?
>Troops advancing fire only about half the shots in the advance phase,
>troops
>first firing get to fire the other half of their attacks in the first fire
>segment.
>This rule should propably not be used for SMG's since they are assault type
>weapons.

Care to expand on this? I don't quite follow you on this one.

>Saving throw modifiers:
>
>Pistols -0
>
>SMGs -0
>
>Carbines -0
>
>Bolt-action rifles -1
>
>Semi-auto rifles -1
>
>Auto rifles -1
>
>LMG -1
>
>MMG -1
>
>HMG -2
>
>Rocket launchers -3 (PIAT), -4 bazooka, -5 panzerschreck

I think these are too high. American bazookas weren't all that effective
against heavy german armor unles they attacked from the side for the tracks.
They'd bounce off the frontal armor.

>Anyone have further thoughts on these basic ideas before I go into unit
>design and stuff????

So far so good from my view. It seems shooting will be the major factor for
casualties as it should be, while units with good assault capabilities will
have bonuses for that.

Looking forward to see the rest.