RE: [NetEpic ML] More Questions

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 10:08:27 +0200

With the current rules they can't:

"Line of sight to models in wooded terrain is restricted to models on the
woods edge. Models deeper within the woods are considered hidden and cannot
be targeted. "

"Line of sight of models in buildings is limited to the side of the
structure the models are adjacent to."

> 2)A. I can aim my Bombard at an unoccupied building, and
> knock it down.
> B. I can aim my Bombard at the same building, if I see
> troops in it.
>
> C. But, I can NOT aim my Bombard at a building in which I CANNOT see
> the troops inside, because that would be unfair (Which cup has the pea
> under it?).

Actually you can, at least by the letter of the rules, since from the units'
POV there is no difference between A and C. The fairness of such action can
be debated but IMO there's nothing in the rules to prevent you from shooting
the building.

> How do other groups handle these issues?

See above, although I wouldn't call myself a group. Even I don't have a
personailty THAT split :P.