RE: [NetEpic ML] NetEpic WW2 (loong)

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 10:55:04 GMT

>I see, In that case a bazooka unit wouldn't have many stands (probably just
>one stand or two at most), since they weren't that numerous. Only about two
>per platoon.

Yup. Actually, I was thinking of breaking with "only one type of stand in a
detachment" and make detachments or battlegroups consisting of different
types of troops.
An infantry battlegroup would primarily consist of rifle troops, but have
the odd MG, bazooka, mortar or other such support stands.
Propably resulting in something slightly similar to E40K organisation

>Each AT capable weapon would have a penetration rating and instead of save
>each tank would have armor value. When a hit is scored the armor is
>subtracted from the penetration. The resulting number is what the shooting
>player must roll <= to destroy the tank. The armor value is massively
>reduced if shooting from the side or rear. Personally I would like each
>tank
>have two armor values (front and side/rear) to increase realism, but since
>this opinion is unlikely to get general approval I must be content with
>just
>one.

Isnt this really just a reversed saving throw??????

BTW: Tanks suffer -1 to saves in the sides now in NetEpic, if using d10 I
would suggest using -2 for side shots and -3 or even -4 for rear shots.

>Of course, this is radically different from the save based system of
>NetEpic, and may even be too complex for the "simple faction". However,
>this
>is my take on the system.

Sounds reasonable, but I think it can be done in pretty much the same way
with saving throws. We can just apply very low saves to some units, possibly
even 1+ or 0+ to reflect that some vehicles are so heavily armoured that
regular troops would be unable to hurt them.

One more thing: I want to use two CAF values for troops. One for infantry
targets and one for armored targets.
Oh, and make away with tanks assaulting each other