Re: [NetEpic ML] Core Vote

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 17:59:23 -0500

RE: [NetEpic ML] Core VoteHi!

  Hi Peter!

  -->Hi!
  Although I'm no Peter I take the liberty of trying to answer, as we have used the one on one system for quite some time in our group.

  Well, I can see the writing on the wall, and it looks like the Close
  Combat rules are going to change.

  As it turns out, if you read the version 3.0 that WAS the rule in place. This vote is more of a ratification of that rule than a change.

  Questions any set of Close Combat rules MUST answer:

  1) If two detachments of troops are guarding the same objective, (one to
  the left, one to the right), how would this be handled?

  ---> You attack the left detachment with one detachment, and the right one with another. Or you can attack just one of them, if you only want to attack one.

  Agreed.

  2) If two smaller detachments attack a larger one, can they double up on
  the same defender, or must they attack enemy units of the same enemy
  detachment, not engaged by the first attacking detachment?

  ---> They must attack enemy units of the same enemy detachment, not engaged by the first attacking detachment.

  ...then they can double up. Agree here too.

  What if the second detachment does not have the movement to engage new
  enemies?

  --->Then they can double up on units within their range

  Yup.

  3) How close can you get to an enemy stand/model without having to enter
  into Close Combat? 1cm?

  ---> Yepp!

  4) If I space my infantry 6cm apart from each other, in a line, does
  this mean the enemy must attack each stand in the detachment, before
  moving through it? Or, can the enemy penetrate the line, without moving
  within 1cm of a stand.

  ---> He can penetrate your line if he can get between the units without getting within 1 cm of either of your stands. Skimmers and inf with jumppack can fly over them either way.

  Agree

  5) Are Command units considered detachments. How would combat be
  initiated against them?---> As normal

  --->Where they are listed as separate detachments, they are regarded as such. A SM company is listed with 3 detachments + one captain, the captain is a seperate unit, also a chaplain bought as a specialcard. The squat bikerguild has a different structure, where the guildmasters are listed "within" the bikersquads, and not as seperate detachments. Just take a look at the armylists.

  6) How are the large "Pile On" battles resolved? Please give a good
  example of one.

  ---> I posted an example some time ago, I'll repost it here as a powerpoint attachment. Hope it can help...

  Thanks, Eivind the diagram is a very good one, actually I may use it in the core rules as a visual aid.

  Peter