Re: War Monger

From: Luca Lettieri <magnus_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 17:36:32 -0000

> down. When something is to cheap all fight to keep it that way. But
> I think the best way to make weapons for this thing is to use
> weapons we already have. Choose them from the Titan weapon list, or
> Put a cost on the Hull then allow others to choose what weapons they
> want to use. I hate fixed weapon models and I'm sure other Chaos
> player know what I'm talking about.

> But if you insist on fixed it will not be long before all know how
> to beat this thing and it wont be much fun to play.

Ordinarily I'd agree with you, but remember, it's an Imperator we' re
talking about. 12 Void shields, save tables on 2d6, lots and lots of
weapons. AND, the Warmonger will be even worse than a normal
Imperator, due to increased ranges. 20+ attacks at range 80+ hurt a
lot.

We already know how to beat the Imperator and probably the Warmonger
too: pour LOTS of fire on the thing, pray to shoot it down before he
hits you or you're toast.

I agree with the high starting cost, though. We can reduce it all we
want later, after playtest.

Luca