Re: [NetEpic ML] (NetEpic) Hello?

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 23:51:09 -0500

Hi!

> Glad to see you are still around Peter. Has Kenneth got an AT website up
> anywhere with rules and all the fluff? Finally, after 4 years of waiting,
my
> friends have caught the Epic bug again. Since they are more in a house
rules
> mood these days I figured it would be a good idea to resubscribe to this
> list.

The new Epicentre webpage is at:
http://www.geocities.com:0080/BourbonStreet/1353/epicentre.html

The usual files are there. Unfortunately the first edition AT files are no
longer available, chalk that one up to our good friends from GW.......

The 4.0 files are there, but keep in mind the 4.1, which is truely the final
(and really carefully edited) version is in progress. I will release those
as they are done.

> I am somewhat interested in seeing how Titan close combats with infantry
and
> vehicles is being handled in the latest rules. I never have been satisfied
> with the infantry pile on tactic as it is too simple and effective (often
> only taking 300 points of infantry to bring down a ~ 600 point Titan).
> Assaulting a giant via the legs is difficult at best....whereas a tank is
> easier to clamour up onto.

You'll probably like the new titan rules that show up in 4.1. In a nutshell
it is a melding of the old "electro-hull" idea and the standard close combat
rules. When non-titan/praetorians/knights (like most vehicles and troops)
engage a titan its electro-hull kicks in and troops save on a 5+ (4+ if
elite), vehicles take their standard save. Those who survive then fight
close combat normally with the titan. Mixed combat (those with titans and
troops in the same combat) are done separately and the infantry combat does
not add extra d6's to the titan-to-titan combat.

It's worked very well so far making swarm tactics very costly since the
electo-hull on average eliminates a lot of numbers. Those left usually only
have a slim chance to inflict one hit.

Peter