RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: Planetary Defence Forces

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:42:11 -0000

>Well it seems the major proponents are in agreement with the idea of a free
>fortification per company card and letting them fortify and control and "X"
>number of objectives at the games start depending on the points played. All
>terrain placement and objective remains the same.

I think this is very cool.
After all, if the PDF weren't at the objectives, why would the enemy bother
to attack them?

>If there are no major disagreements I'll include this in the new draft.
>
>What type of fortfications should they get per company card? Does it
>matter?
>As I see it as long as we dont give forts with firepower potential it
>doesn't matter since they all protect the same.

I'd say trenches and wire (player choice) because they can be constructed
rapidly (regardless of how lousy a soldier you are, you can always dig a
hole)

BUnkers etc. take a lot more time and would only be part of heavily
fortified defenses or permanent defensive lines.

These things will not be present at all battlefields, because a NetEpic
objective can just represent something important to the campaign situation
right now, it might not matter in a week.