Re: [NetEpic ML] Chaos: The overhaul

From: quester <quester666_at_...>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 11:33:08 -0800 (PST)

  Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...> wrote:
Hi!

1. Do people wish to keep the list as a "chaos undivided" list where
everyone can freely mingle with everyone else or a break down by
category? One thought was to divide the list into three parts: chaos
space marine armies, renegades and cultists and demonic armies. The
first is the true chapters from the Heresy, they may only ally with
demonic hordes since all else is unworthy of them. The second can use
the PDF list with some demonic allies and whatever renengade units there
should be. The last is usually more of an ally for the first two but can
be fielded as a stand alone army of demons. One could combine all three
in special scenarios or large battles by mutual agreement.

Undevided is the way they are ruled in all GW games with deamon animosity I don t think we need to make them into divided armys that would be ANTI-CHAOS and very IMP. and if a player wants only one kind of units he's free to do so (EX. hummmm today I m fielding only Chaos MS and their primarch) as it sits it works well as a single army
This is my inclination, but I needed to mention it. It does make my job easier too <grin> I will add all the unts suggested on the list, but strictly as optional ones.

2. Animosity rules. Each chaos power hates another almost as much as the
enemy. The rule would be simple: any unit that has animosity for another
comes in 25cm of it must make a morale check at -2 or immediately go on
charge orders and engage it. The animosity groups would be: Khorne hates
Slaneesh and Nurgle hates Tzeentch. Non aligned units do not suffer
animosity.

only for deamons ITS CALLED "DEAMON ANIMOSITY" Right? (and I don t think you need the -2, just make it roll for each unit fail on a 1) and for any dif.god deamon. all other units would be to inslaved to think about anything, but there orders
I don't know. We can call it whatever suits everyone. I guess we can give them a straight up morale roll as per thier standard value. Units with no morale like demons can ignore it. This is perhaps the simplest way to do it.
well in other games like warhammer FB and 40K its only the deamons that have animosity. SM, cultests, Knights, trolls and all others don t have it

3. Chaos cards. There is a current rule that limits chaos card usage to
non-mechanical units. The rational was they are too slow to adapt to
chaos changes during a battle. The counter argument is that the chaos
cards represent boons that have occured before the battle, the card only
serves to highlight that fact at a given time. Which do people prefer?
Note they never affect demonic engines.

use for all units mech or otherwise
My sentiments too, the other ruling is too restrictive and plus I have seen nobody really uses it that way.

4.Price increase. All greater demons are not created equal. Magnus
should be worth more, actually all primarchs should be worth 50 points
more than standard greater demons.
I don t think they need more points just leave them as they are they can be killed and you can only have one of each primarch
Do you agree on the power tweaking in the other post? Its to make the other guys at least as good, so they can all be equal in power and cost.yes some power tweaking is fine. as long as you bring them up to the most powerful and not down to the lest

Peter

eGroups Sponsor

Paid Net2phone Advertisement - Click Here!

RuneSmith Studio "we bring the art to war"