Re: Pinning..

From: <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:58:22 -0000

Hi!

My original response seems to have gotten lost somewhere. According
to the mech fluff warp jump engines dont work if too much mass is
closeby since the machine is attuned to the bearer of it. This means
anyone engaged in close combat cannot use the warp generator because
the generator doesn't have enough power, can't calculate fast enough
to compensate (or any similar logic) when the unit is grappled in
close combat.

Note however "mass" is relative to size. The unit needs to be PINNED
for its warp generators not to work. Therefore a infantry stand
cannot engage a mech so it cannot use its warp generator because it
cannot pin it. This eliminate cheesy tactics of charging a lone stand
that can't pin mechs so they can't warp jump.

These decriptions were never added to the infantry (Necron)
decriptions, but apply to all units with jump generators (even
titans).

So infantry pinning assault necron would cancel their ability to warp
jump, but infantry could not do the same to mechs, you would need a
knight for that. In case of a titan only another titan could cancel
its ability to warp jump.

These are things to be edited in the newer version fo the books.

Daniel, please keep this message in your archive for when we do get
to the slann.

Peter