Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Pinning..

From: peter ramos <ramospeter_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:24:45 -0500

Hi!

I think it is not a matter of using rhinos that is cheesy (we all use them
as support thats what they are for), since rhinos and infantry can pin
assault necron anyway, my concern is for rhinos and troops to be used
against slann mechs and titans to thwart their jump capabilities. Since they
can't pin those units normally, I find it dubious that to permit those
lesser unit to interrupt the jump capability. I beleive that is Rune's
apprehension as well. Its too easy to to thwart them by placing expendable
units in close combat with them,granted they can still move, but that
movement is less than a warp jump.

Of course, think about this...how about t-hawking or tunellling units
towards your mechs at the games start and engaging them in close combat?
They may move, but not warp jump, you'll lose about 20cm due to the lack of
the warp jump and be out of range in the first turn, see what I mean? It
does present problems.

Peter