Re: [NetEpic ML] Question regarding armies

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 09:42:25 -0500

The Winter War also provides many possibilities
> as well, with
> Suosillami (sp?) coming to mind.

Suomussalmi.

-->I always screw up that spelling. Good thing there's a Finn or two on
the list to correct me. 8)

Kasserine comes to mind from North Africa. Crete would be an excellent
scenario for Space Marines. Tobruk is your basic siege scenario, well
suited
for PDF as the defender. The Ardennes offensive offers many interesting
possibilities.

Jyrki Saari

-->All are good. Tobruk would be the best I think, as it has all the
elements that Epic likes to use. Maneuver elements, flyers, art'y, close
assault, armor, fortifications, the kit and caboodle as it were.
Kasserine would be good for a PDF vs Chaos or Eldar battle, with the PDF
playing the US role. Much of the N.Africa campaign, and most of the ETO
from WW2 easily lends itself to Epic scenarios.

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell