Re: [NetEpic ML] Absolute beginner !!

From: peter ramos <ramospeter_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:51:00 -0500

Hi!

First, welcome to the group! I hope you enjoy your stay as well as your
games!

Let me answer your easier question first. Space marine are easier to paint
than most other figures. I recommend once you find the color you want to
use. Buy a NON-GLOSS spray paint for the base color and just spray them
uniformily. Trust me, I have painted by hand and this way, unless you are a
master painted you'll not notice the difference between the two. Once you
get the base color down you can paint the guns and stuff with a suitable
contrasting color. Remember the scale you are painting, things dont need to
look great close up, just from a distance for that mas effect. The spray
method will save you TONS of time too.

Your other question is much longer. There are 3 versions of the GW made:
Adeptus titanicus, space marine and titan legions, epic 40k.

Net epic is on the second one (space marine and titan legions). The core
mechanics and stats are the same. Those who have played that system will
know how to play net epic. The differences are many, heres some:

1. Alternateing movement: we do not use GW's you-go-I-go mechanics. You
alternate with your opponent on unit at a time. This produces more
interaction between players and lessens the effect of lost initiative.

2.Titan weapon purchasing: the old rules you could fit the titan with the
best weapons and still pay the same price. In net epic all weapons have
different cost and thus a better armed titan costs more. There are also
changes to the weapon repair, shield regeration and location templates to
make them stronger as compared to the original game. Titan close combat with
non-titan units has been drastically altered from the original rules to
better reflect the near immpossiblility of lowly troops besting a titan in
close combat.

3. Elite units have been created who have greater tactical flexibility in
engaging in close combat as well as better surviving assaults versus titans.

4.Flyer rules, although mostly optional, have been streamlined and poorly
worded rules have been changed or better worded

5. Clearer pinning rules and categories

These are but some, there is a whole host of other rule changes,
redefinitions and add-ons too numerous to list. In essence it is the same
core with a different casing. It plays differently because of this.

The 1st edition adeptus titanicus and epic40k have more in common between
themselves than with space marine and net epic. They use different mechanics
than net epic. The game also has a different feel. They have less detail,
but sound mechanics. Its a matter of taste. This list deals mostly with net
epic, space marine than with epic40k.

Hope that helped.

Peter