Re: [NetEpic ML] Titan Legion

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:03:49 -0500

Hi!

Thats insane! That damn box was 30 USD. It's funny how epic stuff has
become a comodity. About 6 months after the release of epic40k, when it
was clear the sales were poor and the game perhaps did not have much
longer to live, you could just buy so much stuff online through
bartertwon and other venues, dirt cheap.

Heck, I got about 600 dollars worth of epic stuff for 150 dollars. They
were giving it away by the bucketful! That honeymoon period lasted
perhaps 6 months to a year. When the game finally became out of print,
prices skyrocketed to their current level.

I'ved stopped buying online due to this. The prices are just too
outrageous. A far better venue is scouring the online stores for out of
print stuff. You'd be surprised what you can get. I once got 2 new eldar
revenant titans for their standard price in blisters from one store and
three boxes of eldar infantry from another. It takes a lot of time to
look around but they are there if you persevere. Sometimes CALL the
online stores directly they may have stuff in stock that they haven't
listed.

Another way is to visit hobby stores you know away from your usual
haunts. Visitng out of state? Take a minute to go to the local store.
Hobby stores that are only minorly into GW are excellent targets. They
get their revenues from other sources so they don't restock very often
and don't get rid of what they have. Also GW fans usually go elsewhere
leaving a lot of good stuff still there. At one store I bought a whole
BOX of epic blisters, marked down at 50% off. Heck, ask Luca all the
stuff I got him from that store. Even rare plastics. Just to turn all of
you a shade of green with envy this store even had a HELLBORE in the
original plastic blisterbox!

Needless to say I picked this place clean before I moved. Just look
around your neighborhood and state, their may be literally hundreds of
dollars in hard to find epic wares. Whats even better they are usually
in discarded "bargain bins", heavily discounted. Nothing feels better
than to walk out of a store with a bag full of hundreds of dollars of
epic stuff at a heavy discount all the while grinning and thinking what
a fool the store owner is for not selling this on e-bay and making a
killing.

Look at thou shall find!

Peter