Re: Titan Legion

From: Luca Lettieri <magnus_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:22:02 -0000

> Thats insane! That damn box was 30 USD. It's funny how epic stuff
> has become a comodity.

Well that's an extreme. An Adeptus Titanicus box has just sold for 30
UK pounds ($45) on Ebay. It's you crazy americans who drive up those
prices, non-US based auctions end with much lower (= sane) final
bids :-)

> Heck, I got about 600 dollars worth of epic stuff for 150 dollars.

My best Epic-related transaction was an $300 or so mega-collection. I
got all the rules from Adeptus Titanicus onward, army cards, ZILLIONS
of buildings and tens of thousands of points in Imperial Armies.
Something like 6 warlords, one Imperator, 3 reaver, 3 scouts, HEAPS
of infantry and tanks etc. etc. Unfortunately the titans arrived
mangled, but one day I'll put them back in action (yeah right.. and
maybe someday I'll also paint the damn stuff... and maybe I'll even
find someone to play with...we can dream).

> I'ved stopped buying online due to this. The prices are just too
> outrageous.

Not necessarily. You just have to look for the right auctions.
Usually I find big armies go for good prices, considering what you
get. It's the sealed boxes and single pieces which have a tendency to
go too high. But not always: I got a sizable quantity of Eldar Aspect
Warriors (about 20 assorted stands) for $20 or so. Considering how
many of the damn boxes you had to buy to build those detachments, I
consider that a good transaction.

> BOX of epic blisters, marked down at 50% off. Heck, ask Luca all
> the stuff I got him from that store. Even rare plastics.

I can testify, the Chaos army box was just too good to be true :-)
I hope Fanatic will start producing the Epic plastic again, because
the plastic is the only thing really hard to find. It's worth noting
that you can already buy from the GW archive practically everything
ever produced in metal. I just can't believe the prices the Ordinatii
sometime fetch, considering you can buy them cheaper from GW..

Luca