RE: [NetEpic ML] Heathen Army List (aka Ogre!)

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:42:46 +0200

IIRC the Ogre Powered Armor is just a life support suit armored with BPC, it
doesn't have the muscle amplifiers a Space Marine armor has.

> o Should I dump the -1 TSM to the Powered Infantry Weapons (they'd
> be like Standard Space Marines but with Termie Armor and
> bad morale).

Nope, they did have inherent support weapons.

> o Lasers, I can't find my GEV book ... so some of the stuff was from
> memory. I'm pretty sure Lasers didn't come out like I wanted.

The unlimited range is IMO a bit too much. Especially when compared to
Volcano Cannon.

> o Advanced Targeting Computers. That was added to make Combine vs
> Pan-European forces more Ogre like. But I'm not 100% sure that's
> necessary.

That's a nice touch and should be kept.

> o Ogres. Probably need alot of playtesting/thinking to balance right.
> I switch between thinking they are about right, to thinking
> they might be too tough to kill. They have no sheilds, but
> no real critical hit locations either. Infantry can strip off their
> AP's and their treads from a distance (and with it's AP's gone,
> an Ogre can be overwhelmed with Infantry ... esspecially by
> jump pack equipped troops, who can destroy it's difficult to
> destroy weapons in CC).

Only playtesting can answer these questions.

> > I'd like to get this out there as an optional army list.
> >
> > Let me know.
>
> I'll probably start putting it into Word in the next week (don't know
> how long it'll take though).

Good work anyway! I love new armylists nearly as much as battlereports.

> DarylL
> >
> > Peter

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.