Re: New file uploaded to netepic

From: Luca Lettieri <magnus_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:23:53 -0000

> 2)The Space Marines can buy teleporting terminators as a special
> card. I think chaos should have the same opportunity.

Groan. And since we're at it, why not give chaos unlimited
thunderhawks and heavy artillery.

I've lost count of how many times I had to repeat it, but for one
more time: chaos is a close-combat army, and it excels at it. If you
give them cheap and fast transports and/or long-range weaponry you've
made them unbeatable. The fact that "normal marines can do it so
chaos marines should be able too" doesn't hold any water in my
bucket, at least if we keep game balance into consideration.

Teleporting chaos termies.... sure. So now you can start chaos space
marines armies directly into CC on turn one. You could as well
declare "I win" and be done with it.

Ok, if the rule about teleporting chaos marines goes into effect, I
want the "imperial armies can mix whenever and however they bloody
hell please" to be made official too. After all, it just makes NO
SENSE for an imperial commander not to use anything at his disposal,
right? And to hell with play balance.

Luca Lettieri